Must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license and provide a 7 year MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) with application. One to three years of direct experience in a similar position required. Greater than average lifting as part of daily duties. Background check, physical exam, and drug testing are required.
Reports to: Merchandising/P.O.S. Manager
General responsibility for coordinating and supervising all beer P.O.S. activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the P.O.S./Merchandising Manager, the supervisor is responsible for insuring all P.O.S. is organized and divided out to on/off premise, chain stores, and convenience stores for account managers, sales representatives, merchandisers and monthly promotions for beer.
1) Receiving – Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of P.O.S. materials, and the picking and staging of outbound P.O.S. bookings in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity. Verify required inbound paperwork with drivers that all product is properly accounted for.
2) Equipment – Insure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment, i.e. forklifts, pallet jacks and cherry picker.
3) Scheduling – Participate in established work schedules. Insure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
4) Warehousing of P.O.S. – Insure the optimal utilization of space. Inventory of valuable P.O.S. such as glassware.
5) Safety/Sanitation/Security – Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Report in writing any safety or mechanical problems with the power equipment. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner, which consistently promotes safety. Aggressively enforce safe working practices.
6) Personnel – Direct the operations of the P.O.S. work team to achieve prescribed objectives. Assist in developing and maintaining a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development of employees. Match the skill and background of personnel to the work required. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to supervise, correct, and discipline subordinates. Assist in implementing an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and disciplinary actions or terminations.
7) Excellent communication skills with beer supervisors, sales representatives and management. Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion. Communicate with other department managers daily events, which could affect them.
8) Working Conditions – Must be able to maintain high proficiency and job standards while working in a non-temperature-controlled environment. Includes exposure to heat, noise, high humidity, dust, and fumes from power equipment. Physical and mental demands of this position are high.
9) Attendance/Overtime – Required.