Must be 21 years of age or older, have a Class A CDL or an AP license and provide a 7 year MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) with application. Background, physical exam, and drug testing are required. Click on job title above for a complete job description.
Job Title: Class A CDL Delivery Driver
Reports to: Driver Manager
Supervises: Route Associate
Job Summary: Responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of product to customers in a manner that meets customer requirements.
1. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and ensure excellent customer service by consistently delivering orders on time and in good condition and by acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must comply with all Department of Transportation standards and regulations. Possess and maintain a good driving record.
- Unload and deliver products at assigned stops, verify count and condition of goods unloaded, and accurately report all overages, shortages, and breakage/damage.
- Report customer needs and concerns to appropriate management and participate in delivering resolutions.
- Collect payment upon delivery.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Complete pre-trip inspections before leaving the warehouse and post-trip inspections upon return to the warehouse, and properly document all maintenance problems and defects in writing.
- Maintain constant communication and collaboration with sales and delivery departments to work together as a team.
- May be assigned to perform functions of Route Associate when required.
- Become familiar with United’s portfolio of brands, and remain knowledgeable of and adherence to Federal and State regulations.
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The position holder may be required to undertake others’ duties within the scope and level of the position.
2. Education & Experience:
- High School or Vocational Diploma or GED required
- Proven experience in, and an understanding of Delivery and Warehouse Operations
- 1 to 3 years of direct experience in a similar position preferred
- Must submit a 7-year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with application
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Valid Class A CDL license for applicable state
- Clean driving record
4. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math skills
- Working knowledge of computerized hand held devices
- Attention to detail
- Organization/Time Management
- Positive Attitude
- Knowledge of company and products
- Results Driven (performance)
5. Working Conditions:
- Must be able to maintain very high proficiency and job standards, while working in a non-temperature controlled environment. Includes exposure to heat, high humidity and inclement weather.
- Some work in refrigerated areas
- Frequent use of hand trucks, stairs, ramps and docks
- Noise level is usually moderate.
6. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear, stand and walk, sit, reach with arms and hands, lift and carry, use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Ability to down stack and relocate large amounts of product weighing 50+ lbs throughout the day
- Greater than average lifting required; some overhead lifting required
- Repeated loading, pushing, and pulling hand trucks
- Frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to judge distance.